In the interest of patient and staff safety, please read the following information.
Appointments will be spaced out to ensure that there is only one patient in the practice at any one time. Where the patient is a child, please only have one parent in attendance and refrain from bringing siblings.
- Patients will be screened prior to their appointment with regards: –
- contact with an infected person,
- recent overseas travel,
- symptoms related to possible COVID infection, particularly with fever, sore throat, or respiratory issues
Attending the appointment:
- Please remain in your car, parked outside the practice until I invite you to come in.
- I encourage you to wear a mask particularly if you are elderly,
- I will check everyone’s temperature when you arrive
- I will ask you to wash your hands with soap and water or to sanitise your hands.
- You will be taken straight into the consulting room
- If you are trying on frames, please do not replace frames on the shelves as they need to be sanitised first. Leave them on the bench to ensure they are suitable cleaned.
- The practice is professionally cleaned with hospital grade disinfectants.
- The front door is kept open to minimize touching of the handles and if this is not possible the door handles are cleaned between each patient.
- Between all patients, all surfaces and equipment in the consulting rooms are cleaned.
- Strict hand washing protocols are in place.
- I will be wearing protective equipment during the examination when the test requires me to be close to you.
- I have a Perspex screen attached to my slit lamps, to reduce the risk of droplet spread.
- Vision therapy sessions are currently mostly conducted online. I am seeing a few patients in the clinic.
- If you are attending the practice please remind your child to refrain from touching surfaces as much as possible, in order to minimise the need for cleaning afterwards.
I will be maintaining my services and availability throughout the coming weeks, so that I can continue to look after my existing patients, and to see new patients with any.
I have access to laboratory services for lenses, have an extensive selection of frames, can order contact lenses and provide any optometric service necessary.
Thank you for your patience, consideration and observance of the aforementioned.
These are difficult and challenging times for all families and businesses alike.
I hope that you and your family stay safe and well.